Thursday, July 17, 2008

Watchmen Trailer

There is a Watchmen trailer trying to steal Batman's thunder tonight. 



I don't like that they call Zach Snyder a visionary director. I hated 300 and I think I'm going to like this less. The trailers song choice is horrible. Setting the film in 2009 is a bad move. The Nite- Owl stuff looks lame. Doc Manhattan looks really fake. The CGI looks really halfassed in this trailer. None of the costumes except for Rorscach work.  I'm not happy with this at all.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not set in 2009. That's the year of release.

Stephen said...

okay good thank god

Swinebread said...

I'm not real excited for watchmen anymore....

Jake said...

I'm impressed with the trailer but I'm very hesitant. 300 was about patriotism and heroism, whereas Watchmen is pretty much about invalidating these sorts of moral concepts. Moore and Gibbons make it clear that these notions are too easily exploitable. I'll be interested to see how Snyder reconciles this.